Go Here To Select A Different Topic

Can I continue my Medical and/or Dental insurance when I leave my employment?

You will be given the opportunity to continue your Medical or Dental benefits, or both, when you leave. This is an enrollment in COBRA and you would pay the monthly premiums. Insurance may be purchased for self, spouse and child. Spouse or child can purchase COBRA even if employee chooses not to. In the event of divorce, spouse must be notified of COBRA rights which allow spouse to enroll in COBRA and purchase coverage (go here for more information).

How long can I continue my COBRA insurance?

When you lose insurance due to end of employment, the maximum amount of time you can continue COBRA is 18 months.

In the event that employee’s spouse or dependents lose their coverage due to the employee’s divorce or death, the dependents may continue for 36 months.