Health Insurance FAQ

Go Here To Select A Different Topic

What is my Health Insurance Coverage?

The Health Insurance is Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield’s Century Preferred. The Medical insurance includes Preventive Care, Medical Care, Hospital Care, and Emergency Care (go here for more information), as well as Pharmacy benefits (go here for more information).

Dental Insurance is Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield’s Flex Dental Plan (go here for more information).

Can I add dependents to either Medical or Dental?

Spouses and children can be included in both Medical and Dental. They can be included during your initial enrollment, or at a later date if there is a life changing event. Life changing events are marriage, birth or loss of coverage. An application (go here for more information) must be submitted to the Consortium office within 30 days of event. You can also add dependents during annual Open Enrollment which is the month of June for a July 1 effective date.

What is the cost for adding dependents to my Health Insurance?

The bi-weekly payroll deductions for yourself and one other person for Medical is $70 and $10 for Dental. To add two or more dependents to Medical the bi-weekly deductions will increase to $90 and $15 for Dental.

Can I add my Domestic Partner/Significant Other to my policy?

Domestic Partners can be added to your insurance if you meet the criteria on the Statement of Domestic Partnership (go here to view/download). Both the Statement of Domestic Partnership and the Anthem application (go here to view/download) must be completed and sent to the Consortium office.

Can I add a same sex Domestic Partner?

Yes, you would follow the same procedure as for Domestic Partner.

Can I add my parents or siblings to my Health Insurance?

No, only spouses and children can be added.

How do I cancel a spouse or dependent?

The same application that is used for enrollment needs to be completed with name and date of birth for the dependent(s) you wish to cancel. (go here for more information)

How do I insure health insurance coverage if I have a change in status of dependents?

Changes in status of members resulting from marriage, birth or adoption of a child, etc., can be accomplished by completing a blue cross enrollment form. Notification of change of status of members must be made as soon as possible but within 30 days of status change. Applications received after 30 days may delay the effective date of coverage. After 60 days, coverage will not be available until the next open enrollment period.